Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

New Felt Colours!

It's almost been a month since my surgery and I'm happy to say that I'm finally feeling like myself again!  Due to a huge fibrous mass on my uterus that was rapidly growing right into my bladder, my gynecologist decided that it was best to do a hysterectomy along with a bladder repair.  My bladder was so squished from the fibroids taking up so much room that it could only hold 1/2 a cup of fluid at a time.  As you can imagine, I was constantly running to the bathroom and going out anywhere always meant hunting for the nearest washroom.  Because of the weight of the fibrous mass, a lot of stress was put on the neck of my bladder, so, once the uterus was removed, my bladder was tucked up into a sling to hold it in the proper position.

I cannot tell you how much of a difference the surgery has made!  I can now go for hours at a time without needing to go to the bathroom and the ever present feeling of discomfort is gone!  Although I had a few complications after my surgery, the benefits have been well worth it!

I am still taking it easy and my dearest hubby has been a wonderful nurse, cook and cleaner!  My dear mom has been such a help with getting orders ready for mailing and my two boys have been a blessing too!

Ok, now for the other good news!  As most of you know, I recently decided to discontinue a few of the not-so-popular colours in the Wool Blend Felt collection and replace them with some pretty new ones.  Well, they're finally here!  The 9 new colours are:  Linen, Butter, Georgia Peach, Lilac, Love Bug Blue, Aqua, Inkblot, Spearmint and Emerald.

Soon I will add another collection of felts, these will be similar to the Polka Dot felt, but will have hearts and stars instead.  Here's a sneak peek at a few of the lovely colours in the collection:
The new Wool Blend Felts are now available in my shop.  The Heart and Star collection will be available soon!

I just want to thank all of you who have sent me well wishes, thoughts and prayers, I really appreciate your thoughtfulness!

~Shelly xo