Sunday, November 4, 2012

Evie, a Christmas Elf

Hello dear friends!  Have you ever wished for a little elf to come and help you do all those things that keep piling up around your house?  Well, I've been wishing for one to help me cut out and sew up all the things I want to make!  So, I thought I'd take matters into my own hands and make one of my own!  Her name is Evie and I'm hoping that when I go to bed at night, she'll work her magic and have everything done for me by the time I wake up the next morning!


Evie is completely hand sewn and made from wool blend and hand woven wool felts.  She measures about 9 inches tall without her hat on and is fully posable.  Her little legs and arms bend at the knees and elbows because they've been inserted with pipe cleaners.  She wears a pretty pink tunic, a sweet little hat with a dangly bell and pointy shoes, all of which can be removed.














Of course, she'll be joining Santa very soon, to help him get all the toys made and packaged up.












And when she returns, I'm sure she's going to need a little holiday!  I'm hoping to surprise her with some new outfits so that she can enjoy playing dress-up!



Evie's pattern will be available sometime this week:)
~Shelly xo

18 comments:

  1. amazing as always Shelly !!!! looking forward to more of your delightful patterns:)
    Have a great week !
    sharlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet heart. I can see the magic in her already.
    She does look a little like a tinkerbell in different colours, so I know the magic is there.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooooo stinking cute !!! just love her :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait!!! She is just to beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so sweet, I bet she can work magic too!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stop it!!!! Oh my goodness. She is soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evie is toooo cute for words - love her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She really is very cute, Shelly! I love the idea, too, that she can play dress up after Christmas!! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable can not wait for the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  10. Evie is adorable!!! Waiting impatiently for the pattern(s)!
    xoxo~kimber

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wanting to do "elf on a shelf" and now I can do it with a much cuter, more special elf! I love her booties. Can't wait to make her.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wanting to do "elf on a shelf" and now I can do it with a much cuter, more special elf! I love her booties. Can't wait to make her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this entire blog is freaking adorable... gah

    ReplyDelete
  14. this doll is utterly adorable! I would love to have her at my work station (maybe she can get all my work done for me too). I'm loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi this one is great and is really a good post. I think it will help me a lot in the related stuff and is very much useful for me. Very well written I appreciate & must say good job..
    Elf on the shelf

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading what you have to say!