Sunday, May 8, 2011

Raggedys

I made my first raggedy a couple of weeks ago and have been looking forward to making some more with eager anticipation!  Before I could begin, I had to order more felt and I thought I'd get some prim doll yarn for their hair too.  Today I finally got them all sewn up and they're ready to put together.  There will be a boy to match Anais and then I'll be making a boy and girl with the traditional red hair.  Here's a shot of their progress so far,


Anais is laying on the fabrics I plan to use for their clothing and isn't that lace beautiful??  Can't wait to use it!!


Ok, must admit that cutting out is NOT my favourite part - but unfortunately there's no way around not doing it!!  If only I had some little elves to come and do that part as well as all the sewing up, that way I could do all the fun stuff!!











These are the boy shoes.  I appliqued a strip of lighter felt down the centre and added black beads on either side.  Finished them off with little embroidered crosses as the laces.














So, that's as far as I've gotten for now.  I'm hoping to get them all done before Thursday as we are going to Vancouver Island for a few days to visit my hubby's family.

Hope all you moms had a very special Mother's Day!!
hugs,
Shelly
xo

17 comments:

  1. They are so lovely Shelly. I myself have been wanting to take a crack at making a prim raggedy.

    By the way, how tall are they?

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Carolyn! These will end up being about 7 inches tall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly they are adorable, I can't wait to see them finished up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute, I love your dolls. They do have such expressive faces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jennifer and Andrea! I'm quite excited about how the boys are going to turn out and just had an idea about making them some suspenders. Must think on that a little more...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dolls are really gorgeous. I'm guessing they are more collectables than toys but I know my little granddaughters would just love them.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dolls are very beautiful and sweet.

    A greeting
    Ana.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ach sind die süß,ich kann nur staunen ,ganz toll
    aus welchem Material sind die Körper.?
    Viel,viel Freude noch beim Nähen
    Tschüs Regina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! Can't wait until you release a pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. These dolls are adorable! I look forward to seeing them completed. =)
    By the way, that lace is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just found you and looked over your previous posts. All of your creations are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these dollies:) They are sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you all!! I am making progress today and have got all body parts sewn up and shoes made. Next step is the hair and if I can get that far today I'll be very happy indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Preciosos trabajos,me encantan.Tus muñequitas muy dulces,felicidades.Te sigo desde hoy en mi blog,model-eva.blogspot.com.Besitos

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are Brilliant! Those faces and expressions are so adorable. I would love to have the time to try something like this. My favs are the three little kittens and maggie mae so far. Enjoyed looking at your work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do you possibly have a pattern you could share with me? I would love to be able to make these little cuties but I don't trust myself to do them without a pattern.
    Thank you,
    Saraya. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. me encantan todas tus manualidades son preciosas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading what you have to say!