Dolls, animals and easy patterns to inspire a joy of sewing:)
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Viola, Lexi and Gwyn
I had a craving to make some Little Ladies this week. It's been awhile since I got some made and I really love the whole process of deciding on all the details that go into making them. So, I traced the outlines for six bodies and got to work embroidering each little face. Once that was done, I sewed, stuffed and closed all the openings on two of the bodies and decided what colour yarn to use for each one's hair. Lexi and Viola are the first two to emerge. You might notice that Gwyn's little face is familiar if you've been following my blog. She started out as Paige (a few posts ago), and I gave her a new look. I made her a new 'do', with a copper organic cotton yarn, and whipped up a new dress in an adorable animal print. I think her new hair colour brings out the colour of her eyes better. I'll be listing these girls in my Etsy shop tomorrow. Next week I'll be working on the rest and I'm hoping to get them all listed by next weekend.
From left to right -Lexi, Gwyn and Viola.
Below is a photo of the girls before I stuff them.
Each dress was made with new fabrics that I've been dying to try! I love the softness of the background colour of each piece, and the prints are darling.
Once the dresses are sewn up, I hand sew the neckline and attatch a hook and eye closure at the back. Then I root through all my trims and decide what I'm going to use to finish them off.
This time I ended up using the same trim for all three - I kinda thought it was a dainty touch!