Saturday, May 29, 2010

Shop Update!!



They're ready!!  Romeo and Jerome spent the morning patiently waiting while I added their finishing touches!  For Romeo, I made a tiny bouquet of roses, wrapped them in brown paper and embelished it with embroidery thread and a light dusting of glitter.  I then sewed a little ruffle collar around Jerome's neck and beaded it with tiny mandarin orange glass beads.  He's holding a teeny present, made with Japanese felt and embroidery thread.  They both measure about 3.5 inches tall.  I decided to play around with my original pattern when I made Jerome, mostly re-configuring the head, and I'm quite happy with the results.  I kinda like that little squished head look!  Hope you like them:)  Available in my etsy store now.

A while ago, I participated in my very first doll swap with a lovely lady in England.  We each made a doll and sent them off to each other in the mail.  Well, yesturday, Emily arrived in the post and she is lovely!  You can visit Lo's blog here: http://lafolieemilie.blogspot.com/.  I quite like the idea of doing another one in the future, so if any of you are interested, please let me know.




Hope you  all have a very relaxing weekend!
hugs,
Shelly

5 comments:

  1. Oh, they are so cute, Shelly! I noticed the change of pattern and I like it very much.
    Your bears are from another world.
    And I love your new doll made by Lô. Her ghostly dolls are very special, what a sweet thing!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ana, I'm so glad you like them! They're fun to make and I love thinking about how to create something special for each one and make them all unique.
    Enjoy your day too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are the requirements for a doll swap? I crochet my own dolls and would be interested. I just started blogging though so I don't know if that matters. I am a fan of your dolls though. I don't own one yet but I think they are quite beautiful. I'd love to do a doll swap. My blog is at www.mechanicalwings.com . I should have a picture of one of my dolls up. It'd be a honor to doll swap with you, unless you're not interested though. If not, then maybe you can tell me what to do so we could doll swap in the future. Thank you for your time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind waiting at all. I'm very happy at the prospect of doing a doll swap in the future. Just tell me when you think you'll be able to do it. No rush at all! I'm just kind of excited now! Hope to hear from you in the future then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Romeo and Jerome couldn't be any more cuter. They're perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I love reading what you have to say!